Subscribe for updates

Saturday, October 15, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different

You do remember Monty Python, don't you.  This note will be a tad different.  It's the weekend, and I'm sitting here catching up on my reading - it is still raining, by the way.  Some time ago I subscribed to a blog about society and economics.  And the post today is stellar - just stellar.  So I am anxious to share it with the 4 people who seem to be reading this!!

If you are unhappy with the current economic system, and with the left and right handed criticism of it - read this.  Outside of a little bit of polemic against the selfishness and greed of human kind, it is really good.  It is full of  an understanding of the current problems of our economic system, and a raft of really brilliant ideas.  I like almost everything in here - and that is hard for me to find these days.  It has none of the simplistic criticisms of either the right or the left.

For example, I am working on a piece to explain the futility of "make work" jobs as a means of contributing to the economy, or sharing the wealth.  He sees the same problem I do, and he has a VERY creative solution.  I am certain that all of these ideas are being discussed elsewhere, but this is one of the nicest, shortest collections I have found.  Read it, please.  It isn't that long.  It IS about economics, but nothing esoteric.  And then tell me what you think - or better, tell the author.

And it does relate to Nicaragua.  One of the criticisms I have gotten to my "culture" approach is that I am just trying to make people wealthy - well, yes!  Because of the human benefits that flow from that. This author has a full understanding of those benefits.  See if you do not agree.  Yes, this is not about the developing world - there are other problems there - but it would be a running start to fix the real problems in the so-called "developed" world.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogoct11/making-a-living-Zeus-pt1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment